Princess Has a Boyfriend

Someone has taken a fancy to Princess. I first observed the courtship while I was on my way to work, and was forced to stop my car for a handsome tom, as he was taking his time strutting his stuff across the street. She was busy hunting for bugs on a patch of grass by a dealership.


A few weeks later, on the morning of May 17th, Princess stopped by on her early morning rounds, when I began to hear gobbling coming from the roof. I went outside and saw this good looking fellow trying to get her attention. She was busy preening on the roof. I am hoping he won't be making regular visits and it's just a spring fling, though he was pretty gentle, and since he treated her respectfully, I approve of him. He is fairly attractive, so perhaps she'll be having another brood this year.






Mr. Tom stopped by again this morning. Princess was nibbling on seeds in the backyard while he scavenged from the feeder in front. He gave a few gobbles to let her know he was nearby and then was on his way.

Mr. Tom is a big guy! I hope we don't meet on the narrow path to my courtyard.

Comments

Popular Posts